31.3.06

A Large Day

And I mean that in the most positive way possible. I am not speaking of a “fat” day, or a guilt day. Just leaving the house this morning, without a jacket, with sun shining the whole day seemed large and open before me.

It could be directly attributable to the fact we are on our fourth amazing day in a row, at least morning, and I speak in terms of weather. The suns is bright, greens are starting to look green, reds more reddish. I have really felt like nature has been literally coming back to life. The funny thing is, the winter wasn’t that bad at all. It was mild, and we did have a fair amount of precipitation (rain and snow) but not much to really call over whelming. But there was a real feeling of dreary, of winter. I think this week has kind of been like an old dog getting up and shaking the cobwebs off.

It could be my inevitable reaction to payday, on a Friday. And the fact that Kara and I have plans for the weekend, nothing stringent, restrictive or dire. For that matter nothing overly elaborate or awe inspiring either. Just plans with the kiddos, and with friends.

There is the distinct and definite possibility that the BBQ will be churning and burning most of the weekend, and that our friends will be on hand to share good times with. These moments have started to become bittersweet as we are picking and moving on in few months, as are two of the friends involved in our weekend plans.

My reaction this morning could have been for this morning and sharing the love of my kids, (before the #$%^in sun came up) or the love of my wife who remained lazily in bed, with a grin on her face, long after the sun came up!

Before this blog runs on with me and goes on longer that it should I will come to somewhat of an indulgent and personally profound conclusion.

Today is a large day; there are infinite possibilities in every moment. The is so much possibility for joy and good times for the next bit that it could outweigh everything but the most catastrophic turn of events.

It is a Friday without borders.

4 comments:

Trish McCourt said...

Hey Scotty, i was feeling this way as well this week. It hgelped get me motivated to take care of a few things that had been waiting and still left undone... so there are now fish in the aquarium (that's waited since we moved), I've made an appt for the cat to be groomed and vaccinated (that's been at least as long), AND my bike is now at the repair shop! In order to get in a condition to train with (not just put around on), it's probably going to cost me a couple of hundred, however that's much better than the 8-900 for a half decent new one...
I can't wait to get out cycling!

Scotty said...

Trish, nice to know I wasn't alone LOL. I am so totally stoked that you got the bike to a repair shop, I know you've been chomping at the bit to get that done...
I am hoping to track down a bike to start commuting with...
Happy cycling!!! S

Trish McCourt said...

Ya, sorry my bike couldn't be your solution... I am planning to commute on mine as well. As soon as I get it back, I'm buying a helmet and taking a leisurely ride from my house to work, just to time it...

Scotty said...

Well it's not like your bike is going to waste ;)

Yeah, I'm starting to hate/ feel guilty firing up the red minibus to come into work!