13.3.06

Who Knows?

Who knows what could happen.
Do what you do, just keep on laughing
One thing's true, there's always a brand new day


Avril Levigne “Who Knows?” Under My Skin 2004

It’s odd what inspiration can strike you and when, or what can strike you as profound. Music always seems to hit me, get me, slap me, inspire me. Normally I listen to whatever music is popular, though I do remain faithful to bands and singers that have always impressed me.
I have always had a thing for female singers. Especially ones who can be vulnerable and strong at the same time. Sarah Brightman is a classic example I always use, and probably ranks as the most adored female singer in my world anyway. I think the woman could yodel the ingredients in Preparation H and I’d be happy… but I digress.

Today I was hanging out with the kiddos, playing a silly game on msn, and as per normal I had music filling the void behind the game. I’ve been in a Avril Levigne mood for most of the day, I think I had heard a snippet of a song yesterday and it festered in my brain like a piece of popcorn between my teeth.
At any rate “Who Knows?” started and I found the lyrics particularly poignant. And I told Nathaniel, where he’s almost old enough to get it, to remember tomorrow is a brand new day. He said, “I know dad, tomorrow we live in Moncton, and I go to school.” I smiled, and replied, “Yes buddy it is. As long as you tell time with a calendar.” He looked at me like I had a toaster on my head….

The song has new meaning to me now, so if you get a chance listen to it, study the lyrics, and enjoy.

That’s all, not much a blog. But no matter where you go there you are.

Til Next time…

No comments: