17.3.06

TGIF

Hello reader,

Sometimes its just good when Friday comes along, y'ah know?

I had my first go at speedwork this week. I thought of adding them back at the beginning of my training plan (January) but took them out so I could concentrate on building my base. After the success of 11 March I decided to toss them into my weekly routine in order to build up a little for the Fredericton Half.
I developed my speedwork timings according to the FIRST HM program in one of the recent Runners Worlds. I based my timing and calculations on a 2:04:53 Goal Time, Though in reality I am hoping to break 2:00:00. What my calcualtions determined...

Pace (based on 9:32 HMP: 2:04:53 Goal Time)
Speed
400m = 2:01
800m = 4:08

1600 = 8:53
Tempo ->9:02 / mile
Long->10:02 / mile

So I did 4x800m. The first thing I must say is as a military guy I am lucky that I get full access to the gym for free, and we are expected to utilize the facilities to the maximum. This is great, except for week day mornings when every one on base tries to do PT at the same bloody time. There was literally 100 people trying to use the 200m indoor track!!!

Anyway I did the first 800 m way too fast...and it got better from there.

Friday saw a great tread mill 6.5km

But Kara has just arrived to remind me it is Friday with,

"Do you want a Pina Colada?"

"Sure"

"Okay get of the damn computer and help me open my coconut"

"......?"

"Yeah I have the dremel out"

"!!"

Til next time...

No comments: