22.3.06

The Running...

This past Sunday was a good day for running. I had hydrated the night before and actually planned on doing the 15km run.
Don't let me mislead you, dear reader, I did do the run. But what was unique is I normally approach my Long Run on Sunday's with out approaching it. What I mean is: I book the time, make sure the family is in the loop, and wait patiently until I am three- four kilometres into the run before yelling "SURPRISE!!" and acknowledging the fact that, "Yes, I am doing a long run," and "No, I did not prepare for this." Which is the truth because personal mental subversion is not akin to actual preparation. This past Sunday I prepared to meet my running partners J2 complete with water bottle and snack.

The run itself was refreshing and fun, as refreshing and fun as the Lincoln Road can be. James set off at his blistering slow pace and Jaime and I followed, conversing about everything but the plight of 21st Century humankind. It was a good run.

I have run since a slow recovery 6km and plan on 8km tomorrow (Thursday). I am building confidence heading towards my first Half Marathon, the Fredericton Half, about 50 days away!!! I am a firm believer in establishing confidence and skills, and developing a plan is a key aspect of that. With HCD's help I have a strong plan that has brought me this far, and he has done the same for Kara.

This upcoiming Half marathon and tag along Cabot Trail Relay (CTRR) were to be the gateway to my running season, my first running season. However, the best laid plans of mice and men, (tell me about the rabbits...) Details are coming in as to my professional future... but that is another blog for another time....

Til next time...

No comments: