11.3.06

I thought my heart would burst.

As a side note, and by no means a lesser sidenote, I want of make quick mention of Kara's performance today.

If anyone told me a year a go that Kara would ever run 10k I would have laughed at them, I am not trying to be mean, and I know Kara would agree with me.

But in August she got off the couch and started chugging. In October she ran her first real event at the Run for the Cure. She did 5k in just over 35 minutes. To snobbish elite that is a time to be scorned, for Couch Potatoe royalty it is a time to be marvelled.

So, with the lead up to today Kara had completed several runs in and around 10 km, topping out I believe at 13km. She approached these as LSD's and her best time previous for 10k was around 1:20.

Also leading up to today's events Kara went through some jitters, wondering if she prepared enough, wondering if she would have the mental fortitude to complete a 10km race, (no matter how sparse)

But let me just say, Kara ran the whole event, and when I saw her come over the hill as I went back to see her, my heart leapt. Her she came still chugging, smile on her face, grooving to her music.

She picked up her pace and finished strong.

I was so proud i though my heart would burst.

Good job, baby!!!

No comments: