31.8.07

Joggling

Well, I tried it for the first time.

Joggling that is. Running and juggling at the same time. Well, technically I have done it before while performing, running across the stage back and forth while juggling. However, the actual sport of joggling was new to me, juggling while running a sustained distance.

I was inspired to try this by Michal "the joggler" Kapral, three time world record holder and fellow member of RunningMania.com. I asked him for some tips, which he graciously provided - and well - I gave it a shot. On the treadmill. Why the treadmill?

a) it's where I do most of my running, though the temp outside is getting more bearable.
b) I figured I could work on my cadence and the throwing.
c) No one would see me...not that I am shy but I'd like to be somewhat competent when I "take it to the streets..."

Anyway I juggled - er, joggled for almost a full mile before my first drop. Not bad considering I fiddled with the speed (ranging from 5-7 mph), and the lighting in my basement is the absolute shits for juggling. I slowed the thing down, picked them up and joggled to the one mile point.

It was a great workout, I was concentrating more on my balls than on running....that sounds deceptively bad...I will have to keep working on it...especially during my LSDs...

I think I may have a new hobby. And I think I heard Kara roll her eyes at me somewhere....

Have fun y'all, stay active yourselves...

Scotty

No comments: